Friday, February 1, 2008

A Swedish Kaleidoscope Of Cotton Candy


Studio has rocked my world this year. Actually, I take that back. They have slowly seduced me with their tight electronic percussion, fluid bass lines, and the thousand other sounds that flow in and out between the interplay of the rhythm section. Their debut album Yearbook 1 is pretty flawless, and is an ideal driving/pot smoking/make out record that you can throw on and is always loved by everyone on first listen. Studio is made up of two Swedish dudes, another dope group out of Sweden means that the country is currently sick beyond all recognition. After about a month with the album I finally chose a favorite song. Self Service is a sun drenched dancey pop song about...anything really. The bass bounces around and the piano pokes you in the ribs and the guitar makes out with your body. If you are a fan of sound organized in such a way that it is incredibly pleasing to the ears and the soul then take the time out of your useless day to download their album. I will even let you in on a little secret of mine as well...Studio makes some dope remixes as well. (I take it back No Comply is my favorite track...I think....)


Yearbook 1

Shout Out Louds - Impossible (Studio Possible Remix)

No comments: